Friday, September 10, 2010

Captured by Grace Review


Captured By Grace by Dr. David Jeremiah, is a wonderful book that reminds me that God always loves me. God is always there to help and to comfort me. Many times my own sin and rebellion cause me to feel distant from God even though I know I am the one who moves from Him, He doesn’t move yet always accepts me when I return. Is it any wonder the story of the Prodigal Son portrays God as running to His lost child?


Dr. Jeremiah uses John Newton's hymn "Amazing Grace" for his outline, he explains how God lovingly extends an offer of grace to every sinner (everyone in the world). Each person has a choice is to accept His gift of salvation or reject His Son Jesus, thus rejecting God.


Dr. Jeremiah shows the reader that grace encompasses the past, the present & the future. No one is beyond His grace. It is by grace we are saved, not works so that no man may boast. The world’s population should turn from sin, live a life pleasing to God and give continuous thanksgiving to the loving God of the universe. When we fail, (and we will) He extends forgiveness. Thank you for this reminder Dr. Jeremiah.


No comments:

Post a Comment