Friday, March 4, 2011

The Truth about Dating, Love and Just Being Friends Review

Dating/Relationship Truths


The Truth About Dating, Love and Just Being Friends by Chad Eastham was an interesting read for me. The author has a great sense of humor while speaking on a teen’s level. I have a tween whom I’m trying to prepare for this exciting time in her life. I find this book to be a good resource. Biblical based dating is the only way to go!

The author provides real situations that teens experience & offers ways to deal with them. Then he makes it personal to the reader by including fill in the blank exercises. As a parent, I want to spare my child hardships due to poor decision making because she simply does not have experience. While I understand I can’t enclose her in a glass bubble & protect her from all wrong, the book gives real life situations I hope she will learn from through choices others have made.

I liked the way that the author offered advice, I think it will help readers (teens) make better decisions about their relationships. Understanding one’s worth does not come from acceptance of the world but from God goes a long way in helping a teen make the right decision about relationships. This is not an old fashion idea, but a Biblical one. I’m glad to see the author writes about this with clarity. He gives teens advice on dating, friendship and love. I hope to share this book with my child when she gets closer to the dating age.

No comments:

Post a Comment